Sweat, My body was drenched with nothing but sweat, my soul was drenched with nothing but fear, the surroundings were drenched with noth...

A Dream To Behold

Sweat,
My body was drenched with nothing but sweat, my soul was drenched with nothing but fear, the surroundings were drenched with nothing but, as always, darkness,
It was as if there was no air to breathe, I struggled to make out  some air into my lungs,
I painfully moved ahead, feeling as if my hands and legs were chained, I have to literally drag them, for each step I take was full of pain, agony, grief, misery, and sorrow.
I don't know where I am leading as my front was also as dark as the back, but I am determined to walk out of here.
It was as if black clouds hovering me, every time I hallucinate a cry, a scream, or even just a thunder, a chill runs down my spine, and my whole body shakes with fear.
I walk with swollen legs, walk, walk, and walk to my gloom, I hope. I hope I would end up at something good because it is terrifying to think that I am in a maze, going round, and round on the same beaten track. I want this journey of darkness to end, so I take each step, of course, more painful than the later, more and more difficult.
I want to cry, and shout;
To call someone who will take me out.
But I don't know where my hoarse voice is hidden under,
It felt as eternity, and I could loose myself within this grave of darkness, at this time, I feel like going back to the house I live, even with the presence of the Devil residing there, because it was awfully tiring and painful.
Each step I take, I feel like I am stepping on crushed pieces of glass, with so much sweat due to the heat around, I am sure, I would smell very bad, and grasping the little bit of air, my throat was as dry as a place which has suffered with drought over an hundred years, and my whole body was trembling.
After what seemed as infinity of walking, I didn't miss a thin ray of light at a distance of hundred metres apart, it was so thin that you would miss it if you were not as determined as I am, even with my dripping tired glossy emerald eye's.
And my determination that I would achieve the glory, out of this dreadful place increased, I tried to quicken my pace, with the chains clinging my hands and legs, I really think they are really attached to my helpless arms.
A aura of success filled my body, as I walked faster, when I saw the thin ray growing bigger as I go nearer.
It was like a door full of light in the hovering darkness,
Finally, It was a mere inch afar, and I tried reaching it with my right hand, my arm weighed a thousand tons as I tried lifting it, but I failed as I tripped and fell on my stomach with a heavy thud, dirt covering my whole body, my arm still raised above my head, and slowly pain consumed all my body.
The ray of hope diminished in darkness, and my drooping eye's closed shedding the last tears of failure.
A sudden thought brought some courage, and it got all my strength to want to at least touch the Bright Light Door, at least experience how it feels, I take my head up, and my right arm which is an inch away from it.
I try harder and harder but I can't move it, I laid my head back to the ground with a tired sigh.
The want of touching it, made me strong enough to pull my throbbing body to kneel beside it, even with pain seeping my body.
It was then I recognized that it was not a door of light but an entrance to the beautiful sight to behold a Million year's.
The ground ahead was blanketed with soft green grass, with huge Trees who spread their branches all over the place, the leaves were a shade lighter than the grass, covered with beautiful, yet small bright yellow and red flowers.
The sky was no more covered with black clouds hovering, but a canvas of bright blue light illuminating, but the Sun was no more in view.
The grass was covered with bushes and hedgerows here and there, adding serene to the view,
While from the corner ran a marvellous stream of water which was as clear and shiny as  milk, running from a small waterfall, the stones craving the fall and below the stream were as pure and white as the water that ran.
The sight was mesmerizing, and took my breath away.
Bird's were chirping song's, and butterflies flying around the bushes, there were horses as white as snow, grazing the grass.
I so badly wanted to reach out there, but something within my body was stopping me from moving, a tear fell across my cheek as I clenched my hand's tight around the pant I was wearing,
Why can't I have fun?
Why can't I enjoy?
Why should I live in darkness?
Questions I loathe the most, bombarded my mind, as tears led the stream of my heart resembling the waterfall just few steps ahead.
I cried as in I am crying for all the pain I have suffered, which flew away with the hems of my teardrops, and after what felt like hours, I didn't have any other reason to weep more, my sobs subsided, my eye's no longer contained any more water to tear up, all of a sudden, a voice caught my attention.
A sound of someone running or jumping filled my ears as I led my way out of my doom, the grass under my feet felt as soft as fur, my feet no more clinging to any chains, I led my way to the one who is causing the sound.
A unrecognized feeling filled my heart,
And when I turned to where the sound was coming, my breathing hitched.
There was this Girl, as beautiful as a fairy, dressed in a pure white Silk Gown, with beads of  pearls all over the dress, they fell to the ground when she jumped to catch up the beautiful small butterfly, which was a shade of light yellow, with no strikes, and it's border was coated with dark black outline.
The sight was so enchanting, as I saw the girl whom I think my life depended, was smiling as she tried harder and harder to catch it.
I made my way to her, and I flew my right hand just above my head as I caught the small piece of bliss, as elegantly as I could.
When the girl eyed me, her eye's glistened with happiness, and the black pools of her ocean waves cleared the coast of my darkened life.
"Why are you here?", I asked, my voice normal back, I didn't smell bad, when I looked myself, I was shocked, would be an understatement, I was dressed in a pure white and fitting Armani Suit, no more covered with dirt and no more contained a hint of dust.
I looked up at her eye's as mesmerizing as the blazing Sun,
"As if you don't know?", her voice was like honey to ears, as pleasant as it could, and it came more like a question than a statement.
"I don't know, really", Honestly I don't know, where in the earth a place like this, exists.
I delicately handed her the butterfly, and it sat on the bridge of her nose, moving it's wings so serenely, then to her pink cheeks, to her eyebrows, and it evoked each cell of mine to behold this sight in the novels of my heart, alive.

"I belong here", she replied smiling widely as the fly snuggled deep into her velvety skin,
A pang hit my heart as it felt the stabs of jealousy with a small fly.
"And what am I doing here?", I asked drinking in the picture of pure bliss to conjure into the folds of my brain.
"You belong to me", she whispered politely as a light tinge of natural pink blush painted her cheeks. She slowly held her finger and the butterfly immediately stood in the tip of her nail, she kept her gaze straight into my eye's, as if she is reading my each thought, as in reading my mind.
I didn't went off guard at her reply, because deep inside the oceans of my soul, I know that we are the two pieces of a jigsaw puzzle who only fit with each other, apart from it we would never be able to fix with any part or any one.
I shook my head as I took slow steps backwards, her eye's instantly got worried as she walked towards me, the fly long forgotten.
"No, I don't want this to end up in a dream, It's deceiving, I don't want you to leave me", I shed the new era of tears which was for her, and for us. I don't want to believe this as a dream because I want this to be real, I want her and me together, I don't know when this desire erupted in my heart, but I want it to be as real as it could.
"What happened?", she held my left arm, while her right arm laid across my cheeks, burning flames under my skin as she wiped away the tears, our eye's locked, we were immersed into each other, this was the real bliss.
"Please, I don't have any strength to get up next morning without you in my arms, I don't want this to end", I cried and pleaded shamelessly.
"No, it won't, even if it did, do remember that there is always a word called, us",she whispered as her eye's pooled just by the thought of we would be apart from each other.
She hugged as her life depended on me, burning all the hibernating cells to become alive.
"I would, always", I vowed as I gave my heart to the soul in her body.

She was silent as if she planted the fibre into her own self.

That is when I broke back to reality. 

1 comment: